I am quoting James 1:18 in different translations just so you get a clear idea of where scripture places you and me in comparison to the rest of God’s creation.
- Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. (KJV)
- Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. (NKJV)
- He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. (NIV)
- He brought us to life using the true Word, showing us off as the crown of all his creatures. (The Message)
- He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession. (NLT)
- God decided to give us life through the true message he sent to us. He wanted us to be the most important of all that he created. (ERV)
In the above translations, God tells us that he gave birth to us through his own free will. Giving birth is a painful and a very exciting time for a mother who is probably the only person willing to give her all including her life for you. Jesus did more than that. He gave us life through his death. His love is more than we can ever imagine. God also tells us that we were placed above all of His creation. Different translations uses different words such as firstfruits, crown of all creation, prized possession, most important and so on. In short, we are the most important and the most loved of all and above everything that exists.